Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Today...

I begged for this cloud to shadow the sun a little longer...because when the sun was hiding it was actually bearable to be out walking.

I wondered-what will it be like when Connor can walk and talk to me? He's my silent (sort of) friend right now, but I can't wait til he blabbers on with real words.

I remembered my childhood, since the old sidewalks of Cedar City smell the same as they did when I was 3 years old and would come visit my grandparents.

I contemplated how odd it is that my past and present collide in so many ways because I live here. This is my fourth time living in Cedar City, and each time has been so different.

I realized we will probably never live in Cedar again after this year is up-not that we don't love you my Cedar friends and family-it just snows too much and lacks the culture we need to make a good living.

I marveled at the beautiful mountains and the way the sun hit them when the rest of the city was shrouded in a blanket of shadow. I'm really going to miss this place.

I laughed at myself for being so sentimental when I still have 9 months left in this adorable city.

I sang "I Wonder When He Comes Again" in my head as I took in the beautiful world around me...

I planned all of the things I still want to do before we leave. Tried to calculate how much I'd be able to do-one more fall season where we can drive up the canyon and see the changing leaves; one more snow-packed winter full of hot chocolate and snowmen; one more spring in which we won't plant any flowers or veggies because we won't be here when they bloom.

I almost cried thinking about the fact that in exactly a year I know we most definitely won't be here...and how hard it will be to say goodbye to my family.

I chided myself for once again being overly sentimental.

I basked in the sunshine and took a swim with Connor in his little pool. Quite a sight people...

I taunted the dog with the LASER! he loves to chase around the house.

I kissed my adoring husband when he got home.

I reflected today was a day worth blogging about.

I HOPE there are many more days like this...

No comments: