Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just some thoughts...

Lately I have been really missing "regular" things. Like:
- having time to get addicted to a television series and watch all the episodes in 2 days because I just can't bring myself to turn it off.
- getting addicted to a good book (which I'll admit I gave in and did, and I'm halfway through Evermore...which is annoyingly similar to Twilight but my brain is appreciating the easy read compared to the text books).
- sitting around with a big group of friends and remembering the good ole days, and dreaming of future days.
-when I was in high school a few of my friends including Katie, Kara, Mary, Brant and sometimes Bryan Wade used to go into the band room during choir and just goof off! We would talk about the days when we would be married with kids and the funny things we would probably do. Now we ARE all married and I think are crazier than we ever anticipated!
-Right after my big "D" I made a whole new set of amazing friends, including Lyndsey,
Chanelle, and Lauren. We had so much fun hanging out! One memory I will never forget is
a night we spent at Chanelle's after a Fireside. Somehow it seemed everyone from the
fireside ended up at Chanelle's house and we ended up playing this awesome game that I
can't remember the name of- but there were cards that would ask personal questions and
everyone took turns answering these questions...we got really deep and spiritual and
emotional with a ton of people I'd never met before, and later I found out that not everyone
there knew each other that well either. It was such an important moment for me, and really
helped me find the courage to start dating again and let me know things would be ok. It was
history from there! But there was never another night like that, so I will always cherish it.

Aside from things I'm missing, there are things I am LOVING in the present, like:
-Connor sitting up and plunking himself over when he's ready to just chillax and play with his toys.
-The fact that he has started his spitting/strawberry blowing phase again.
-The hilarious shudders and gags he gives me when we feed him ANY fruit. He's quite dramatic!
-Connor can feed himself his bottle now, and as long as the bottle doesn't fall out of his reach he's really good at retrieving it and has a fun time popping it in and out of his mouth-being all powerful.
-Ben and I only have 3 weeks left of summer school-then it's off to Cali to enjoy some time off!!!
-I am currently about a week and a half ahead on my school work (sigh of relief)
-Connor loves Baby Einstein..saves my life sometimes
-Our cat had 5 kittens and they are SO cute. Aside from her trying to move them everywhere, we are loving them!
- I saw Inception last night and it was SOOOO good! If you haven't seen it yet-you really should..

We have some exciting prospects for the FUTURE too....but I can't talk about them yet. Until it's official I'll keep the excitement to myself...but trust me when I say...it's AWESOME. Being married to Ben is such an adventure and with his mad skills and talents in his line of work I KNOW he will do amazing things which means I will too...I'm along for any ride he wants to take us on!!!

Here's some pictures of my little man since no post would be complete without one...

P.S. Happy 4th! (and 5th in our case in Utah)

5 comments:

kate said...

He's adorable! I just want to eat him up!

Avree said...

He's such a little cutie! Yes we definitely give some things up when we become moms but the things we get in return are so much better that it makes it worth it. I'm excited to hear what your awesome news is!

Katie Nikolaus said...

LOVED me some Concert Choir! Also, loved me some Baby Einstein! Ali would watch that while I made dinner and stuff at that age and it was the best! Love and miss you girl!

Aubrey said...

He gets cuter and cuter!

Turnbow's said...

First of all ADORABLE pictures! Second, it is always crazy to reminise in the past, the fun, freedom, and hard times. I know going back to washington brought up a whole load of emotions that I was not totally ready for. Broken hearts, friendships, every sidewalk, street sign, store had a story to tell. I am just glad to see your life being such a beautiful thing now. You have become such an amaizing mother!!!