Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Outstanding!


So it's not his birthday, or our anniversary or anything like that, but I thought my man deserved a little shout out for all the amazing work he's been doing!

First of all- the noticeable achievement- he's lost 60 pounds since last January! WOWSA! I wish I could say the same! I lost about 40 since Connor was born, but man oh man I'd love to lose another 40! But I digress..this post is about HIM. HE looks SO good! He has worked hard and now has to work on keeping it off! We love our ice cream in this house..it's dangerous. Go baby!

Secondly, he got another job! If you don't already know- he goes to school full time and has to work 20 hours a week for his assistanship. He does those 20 hours at Utah Shakespearean Festival..and helps them a LOT! His third or fourth job- I lose track- is doing graphic design work for a company here in town. He designs business cards, fliers, door hangers, posters..etc...and so far they LOVE his work! It's a lot of extra cash for us so I'm a happy girl! Plus- he gets to do it from home so less time spent away from Connor and me!

Thirdly, he has a projects class he has to do a major project for, which just happened a week and a half ago. He produced a major Opera concert with the Southern Utah Symphony..made all the cool graphics that were displayed on a big screen behind the singers, went and did like 5-6 assemblies at elementary schools to get kids pumped up to come see the concert. (It was centered around the educational aspect...teaching kids about opera). He even sang for a few of them I hear...anyway..he got rave reviews for his work on the concert! I didn't get to go but I know he did a TERRIFIC job!

Fourthly...he's an AMAZING daddy. I love watching him hold Connor and talk to him! I think it's getting a little more fun for him now that he's a bit older and responds. Before he just sorta cried. Not so much anymore and Ben finally believes me when I tell him Connor DOES like him! Ha ha!
He helps me a lot when he has the time (as you can see- he doesn't have a whole lot to spare!) and I feel relief when he can take the time to hold and play with the baby so I can take a deep breath! Tonight he has been gone since 3 p.m...I honestly can't remember what he's doing. I can't keep up with him! But he's doing a good job!

Fifthly--ha ha he is SUCH A GOOD STUDENT! He got a 100% on his most recent assignment for his hardest class! The teacher even passed around his work to the other students saying "THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE!" I know Ben was embarrassed but proud at the same time. It's so nice knowing my husband is LEARNING...he's going to get a great job when he's done with his degree! (I just hope it's not too far away....)

Basically I was laying down with Connor today for our cuddle nap time, and realized how blessed I am to have such an amazing husband. He is working SO hard everyday so that I can stay at home with our babies and be a good mommy! I am SO thankful we are able to make ends meet so I am able to do so! What an awesome provider he is...I love you honey! Keep up the good work! Only 1 more year!!!

2 comments:

Avree said...

Sounds like you got a good one! :)

kate said...

Wow!! 60 pounds and 40 for you! That's fantastic. I wish I could say the same for myself!