Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Life....



Well my last post was titled Baby's First Christmas but it was a lot more encompassing than that...it was VERY long! I'll try to make this more concise...

Ben left Friday early from Vegas for New York for a week! He had to go for a school trip, they are going to a conference and seeing some shows and touring some companies while they are there. He's the only one on the trip who isn't drinking and he says it's making him miss us even more! The last time he was there I was with him and we were getting our engagement pictures taken...so I'm sure he does miss me a lot! I wish I could be there with him...until he tells me how cold it is and then I'm happy to be spending the week in warm St. George! I didn't want to be home alone so I drove down here with a huge load of stuff required for Connor and I and we are letting my family take care of us! :-) So far he has slept really great and only kept me up late once!

Updates on Connor baby:

~He rolls himself onto his side and with a little help onto his belly! I think it's WAY too early for that but he's a strong baby!
~He has started cracking little half smiles and we can tell he's trying SO hard to get a really big one out!
~He coos a little bit- again we can tell he's trying very hard to get out some loud happy noises! ~He turns his head really fast sometimes when he hears my voice...he also turns when he sees little things out of his peripheral vision which is getting better every day!
~He's a wiggle worm, right now my dad is holding him and he's just flailing his arms and legs like crazy!
I JUST MISSED A BIG SMILE! I feel like I need to stay by his side at all times so I don't miss a single thing! It gets to be exhausting!
At his last appointment on Tuesday he weighed 7 lbs 15 oz..still hasn't broken the 8 pound marker..ha ha..he's in the 7th percentile for that.
He is 22 inches long...so getting tall FAST! He's very long and skinny...in the 61th percentile for height. His head circumference is in the 41th percentile...15 cm around!

I know it's hard for Ben to be gone and missing all this stuff...so I'm taking some video with my phone. I need to get the real camera out so we can get some fun things up on here!

When normal life resumes, it will consist of Ben back in school, with a little less of a crazy schedule..classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and working 20 hours a week still at Utah Shakespearean. I am LOVING being a stay at home mom! I still cut myself some slack and try not to get overwhelmed when the house isn't spotless, but thank heavens for a sling so I can still do things when he wants to be held!!! I have been enjoying taking him out for walks a lot lately, since it was a bit warmer last week and St. George is lots warmer too.

I am also happy that he has started sleeping on his own at night, in his cradle! We tried that at first when he was born but he did NOT like it. I think the secret to our baby is he loves to sleep on his side. When he is on his back he wakes right up..I think because he can't breathe as well...he's always a bit congested!

And since a post is never complete without pictures, here are some that we took with our camera...and our Christmas card! :-)







3 comments:

kate said...

i don't if i congratulated you yet, but if not..

congrats!!! he's beautiful!

Avree said...

Those are great pictures, I'm impressed that you took them yourself! It doesn't hurt to have an adorable subject to photograph though! It sounds like you're settling into mommyhood very nicely, how fun!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

How sweet!! My goodness he is so adorable!