Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Catch up!

So because I spend four straight hours on the computer at work, I don't really have much motivation to spend more time on the computer to blog when I'm at home! But it's time for some catching up I realize, as I was looking through the pictures on my camera and realized what I haven't blogged about! So here goes...

Over Labor Day weekend we drove to St. George and spent some time with my fam. We all decided Saturday to drive to Zion's and pick some apples at the orchard up there. We had a lot of fun and met up with my aunt Jill and her fam. We got some yummy apples and then on our way to dinner we stopped at the elk farm...they had the biggest elk and bulls and the saddest thing is seeing all the flies in their eyes! After that went to dinner at Zion Pizza and Noodle! MMM it was good. I love their pizza!
Following THAT and a long chat with some neighbors of my parent's we ran into, we had ice cream and then went to Springdale's oldest cemetery. It wasn't even the one I had mentioned I wanted to go to, but we stumbled upon it and found some pretty interesting head stones! It's an amazing way to see a little history in my opinion. It's so sad how young a lot of the children were that were buried in the cemetery. The picture up above is two siblings. Read the dates...the parents lost one baby at 16 months, then had another baby abour 4 months later that died at 41/2 years old. The baby below is a cousin I think...

We saw a LOT of headstones dated for the same year, so a lot of babies that didn't live to be a year old. Makes me so grateful for modern medicine!
We went home after that and enjoyed a quiet rest of the weekend. Ben spent all of Labor day working on homework, while I vegged out on the couch. Can't say I didn't LOVE it! Lotsa good stuff on tv last weekend! :-)

Going a little further back I just wanted to post pictures of my dad's birthday in July when we went to Texas Roadhouse. He tried to sit the furthest in at the booth so they couldn't make him ride the saddle, but we were all too happy to let him out when they came around! ha ha...I think he enjoyed it a LITTLE bit.
There's also pictures of when we went surveying with my dad for the day back in June or July sometime. We went somewhere around Pinto...can't remember where exactly. It was a LONG day, but we had fun going on a nature walk and my sisters enjoyed the 4 wheeler. Ben wouldn't really let me ride it...said itwasn't good for the baby. Oh well...haha. That well was SO creepy...reminded me of the one in The Ring...ick.

And then we have a cluster of randmoness..the pictures I took of the fire in New Harmony from the freeway, another elk picture just to show the massiveness of that dang thing...the delicious dinner we had last week that was VERY green..lime rice, green salad, limeade and chicken :-) Check out Figaro begging at the table..he's good at that. And for Lauren, thought I'd show you how we used the nice serving dish and pitcher you gave me for my birthday! :-) The dogs all had a play date up here last week too, my parents let them come home with us for a few hours before they came up here for the day and took em home. They were SO bored and didn't know what to do in our house! Ha ha..The last is a picture of my cousin's son Daxton, he slept over at our house last month and his mom had no idea he was that brave! ha ha...

Ok last but not least, some ultrasound pictures from our 3D ultrasound gone awry. I'm sad we didn't get better pics, but here are just a few of my faves.

Top Left, straight shot of his face. Top right, profile. Bottom left, sucking his toes on one foot with the other straight up. His head is on the left. Bottom right, hand by his face. I think he's going to have my nose, but for a moment there he really looked like Ben! It's weird to think he's really our baby and will come out looking like US! :-) Can't wait to meet him in less than 13 weeks!

That's all! Hope I caught up on everything I wanted to!

3 comments:

Errin said...

aww. the ultra sound pics r awesome!!! little bebe!!!

Teria Brooks said...

precious baby in your belly! sounds like you are all doing very well. miss you tons!

Avree said...

Oh cute ultrasound pics! I think it's so fun that they can do the 3-D shots now. In Spencer's 3D pics we could see a cleft in his chin like Matt's. That's fun that you think he has Ben's nose, I think it makes it seem so much more real when you can see their little face! Glad you guys are doing so well! Now you're starting to head into the miserable stage of pregnancy, good luck!