Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Yay for our new camera!

So I realized I hadn't posted a picture of me with my $500 Visa, so here it is! I was SO excited when the Fed Ex man came! I thought it was UPS bringing my baby crib set stuff, but when it was Fed Ex I was confused. As soon as I saw what it was I screamed! Hopefully the Fed Ex man didn't hear me from right outside...


After only about 10 days of diligence, I got this awesome $500 Visa! I was waiting to have it in my hands to believe it wasn't too good to be true!

We had decided we'd buy a really nice camera with our prize, so that we could start learning to take some great pictures for when the baby comes! Lauren recommended me to this camera:
It's a Canon EOS Rebel XS SLR Digital Camera Kit with 18-55mm IS Lens, and we LOVE it! We are still learning how to use it, and definitely need a LOT more practice, but so far we have gotten some really fun, beautiful shots! The best part? This camera sells for around $600 full price. Lauren found it online for $525, Best Buy ad matched it, then I had a 10% off coupon! So I got this bad boy for $450--or free if you calculate in the GIFT CARD we bought it with! We still have $55 more dollars left on my gift card! I'm proud of my savings

Here are some pics we took yesterday on Cedar Mountain...


I was being goofy, but the picture turned out sorta pretty with the lighting and the leaf colors!



Yesterday we had the primary program in our ward and for those of you who didn't read my Facebook status...I had the most embarrassing moment of my life to date! I opened the program with a paragraph about what this year has been like in primary (not sure why they made ME the one to do this- as I've only been in there for 3 weeks!) After my "line" I was walking back to my seat. I had to step down a couple steps, then up a couple steps to go sit by the organ. WELL with all the little kids in their chairs I sorta ran outta room, and my heel (I have not worn heels in over a month thanks to swollen feet) caught on the step, and I plummeted on top of one of the ladies in the primary! She caught me, but my arm also caught me, on the sacrament table, where I slid everything down quite a bit. I was MORTIFIED. I have NEVER been so humiliated!!! But at the same time I was laughing before I even got back up! I could just imagine what it had looked like. Even as I write this now I'm laughing to myself again! I had to sit BEHIND the organ so I could get my laughs out. Ben, who was playing piano for the program could only laugh with me for a moment as he had to start playing. I think he was pretty mortified FOR me!

Onto happier moments...I wanted to write about how special the END of the program was for me. The last song the kids sang was "Families Can Be Together Forever" and all the parents of the kids came up on the stand, stood by their kids and sang with us. It may sound like a lot of people, but we have a ward made up mostly of old people. I tried singing with them, but due to my latest bout of laryngitis, I was struggling. Then I looked around at all the little families and the Spirit kicked in making it impossible for me to sing along. I realized right then how lucky I am to be sealed to my husband forever, and now that I am having a baby, it was the first time it hit me how AMAZING it is that I am sealed to this baby and the rest of my babies FOREVER. It really hit me hard and made me SO thankful for the blessings I enjoy being a member of the church! I can't wait to be holding my children in my arms, singing that beautiful song with them.

Pregnancy has been SO much fun, and while it's starting to get uncomfortable, I know I'm going to miss it! I can't wait to meet Baby Connor! Thank GOODNESS fall is here finally! The summer DRAGGED on, and now I only have a couple more months before he's here!


3 comments:

Errin said...

yay for everything.. well exept for your little accident..

Avree said...

Cute pictures, you look like you are glowing with happiness! How fun to get a new camera! Ours just bit the dust so we need a new one too!

Christina said...

i'm so glad you are ok after your fall! and since everything is ok can i tell you i have tears rolling down my cheeks? thanks for sharing, i don't know if this makes me a horrible person but no matter who is falling, falling is (almost) always funny :) i'm glad to hear/read that you have the same great sense of humor that you've always had!

oh yes and cute pictures. you are an adorable pregnant person.