Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

$avings!

So I know I just posted yesterday, but today was such a fun day full of money savings and earnings I had to post! It all started when my mom and I went to Big Lots here in Cedar. My mom happened to be up for the morning while my dad did a job in Cedar, so we went to Big Lots. My mom likes it a lot more than the one in St. George. So we were just browsing for the second time in a week, and the manager said hi to us and asked if we needed help with anything! My mom, being the deal finder she is said "Well how about that over there?" She was talking about this piece of furniture she had seen last time that was selling for $99.99. I can't say what it was (surprise for someone) but she asked if they'd mark it down for her! The guy said YES! He gave it to her for $80! So then she asked "Well while you're in a bargaining mood, how about that?...and she pointed to a piece of furniture I had seen and thought would be great for the nursery...instead of a dresser I wanted this...

I'm going to put baskets in some of the cubbies for his clothes or diapers or whatnot, and then use some to store his books and toys in! It'll be really cute when it's all set up and in use! ANYWAY instead of the $99.99 price, they let me buy it for $80 as well! 20% off...never hurts to ask I guess! I'm so glad my mom has guts...it was so fun to get such a deal!

Next I thought I'd report that I changed my mind on the baby's room. I got really overwhelmed trying to find and piece together Dr. Seuss stuff...so I am going with a store bought set for now, and maybe when he's older I'll do Seuss...as more of a little tyke room :-) I just really wanted something soft and sweet for a newborn and we had already painted the walls blue and green...so when I saw this set I wanted it SO bad! I bought it on Target.com and it happened to be on sale last week! I looked today and it's already back up to the regular price! Yay me! I got everything that goes with the set...valence, hamper, diaper holder, decor..it'll be adorable!
And last but certainly not least... I heeded Robyn's advice a few months ago to go to THIS blog and found that you can actually GET those free offers you always see in your spam! I did the required stuff and found out today my $500 Visa is in the mail! I can't wait to get it, and I'll post more about it when I do, but Robyn got hers this week and I'm SO stoked! Check it out if you have time!

I love LOVE saving money!

4 comments:

Errin said...

wow, that is so cool!!! I will have to go shopping with you next time. And I SO want to do the thing Robyn got into, its so cooL!

Angie and Kyle said...

Way to go Kristen! I love your idea for the baby's "dresser" you will have to post pics when you get it all set up :)

Shannon said...

go to athirftymom.com I think you will LOVE it! Great finds!!

Marci said...

hey kirsten i locked my blog now so send me your email address to hawaiianangel19@hotmail.com and i will invite you!