Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Hawaii!!!

Here are some of our favorite pictures of Hawaii from our camera! We will get more up from my mom's shots eventually...she got some fun ones! :-)


The first day we went to the swap meet, and then to the beach which was SO fun. The second day we went to another pretty beach and then to Hanauma Bay to snorkel.

The third day we went to North Shore and went to Waimea Falls. It was SO pretty. The nature walk alone was worth the entrance fee, and then the waterfall was SO fun and refreshing! After our swim we went and got our favorite foods-burritos at Killer Taco's, and some Shaved Ice at Matsumoto's.

The fourth day we went to North Shore again and had some Giovanni's shrimp, more shaved ice and spent the day at Sunset Beach where we eventually watched the sun set.

The last day Ben and I stole the rental car and drove to Laie to see Ben's friend Kristi, eat at Hukilau Cafe, and walk around BYU-H to check out Ben's old stomping ground. We got some pictures of him inside the buildings where he spent the most time. It was so fun! I even got to meet his teacher that took him over to Hawaii in the first place. All good experiences :-)
When we got back to Waikiki we rode a bike on the water which was cool but sorta boring. I was starting to feel the effects of being in the heat, being pregnant and feeling sick. One more week till Trimester 2!


For Dinner we had some interesting experiences, we went to The Galaxy which had been SO yummy the first time we went to Hawaii, but this time was YUCK. We ended up eating at this buffet the last night, right before we flew out, and I was bummed we hadn't noticed it sooner! It had been on the corner of the street where our hotel was and we'd walked by it everyday, but I didn't know it was anything more than a bar. It turned out to be a beautiful restaurant with really great food! I want to go there again when I'm not pregnant so I can enjoy it more. All I really ate was shrimp and salad. Oh well! It was weird to eat dinner, get on a plane at night, land in LA and be ready to eat breakfast. WEIRD.

Overall it was one of the most fun trips I've been on! It was great to RETURN to Hawaii and know what we love to do. The only thing I'll do differently when I go back is to stay in North Shore, because Waikiki was LOUD and we didn't spend any time there!

Thanks mom and dad for making it such a fun trip!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Shively's said...

your so spoiled! I'm glad you had a great time! Very fun looking at everyones pictures, I miss you all so much dangit. Not long now till I see you though..yeaahhh. How do you make those mosaics? They're cool!
Love you honey!
Sheese

According to Ana said...

That looks like it was so much fun.

When do you find out what kind of baby you are having

Katie Nikolaus said...

The Hukilau was the place...where I first saw your face...So jealous! I'm so glad you guys had fun!

Errin said...

How amazing! Im so jelouse, but you deserve it! :)

Marci said...

FUN! that makes me miss north shore so much, we lived on north shore and hardly ever when to wikiki cause its like being in a big city not on a tropical island! congrats on baby, iam not too far behind you! i love your sunset beach pics...those sunsets are awesome!

Chanelle said...

What ever happened to the job prospect in Hawaii? Did you check that out at all?

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

I feel so bad that I haven't commented about you being Pregnant! Congrats. That is really exciting!!! You will love love love being a mommy, it is the best!

Looks like a fun trip, live it up while you can!