Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday I celebrated my 24th Birthday...yay for that! I feel older this year...I liked being 23 and had a lot of fun at that age. But 24 is ok too I guess. I'm still sorta young-ish.

My day started early, with a yummy breakfast of scones and eggs with cheese! MMMM...thanks Ben! He got up early and started clanking away in the kitchen. I didn't give him a chance to serve me in bed, thanks to the fact that my bladder doesn't hold long anymore. :)

We got ready and drove to St. George dropped off Figaro first at my parent's house where he was really happy to play with his doggy friends Lady and Inka...he's been a little stressed since we moved, a bit lonely I think....My mom had presents waiting for me at home...a maternity dress, two maternity shirts, some baby stuff coupons, a bath mat with a pillow (I love my baths), a notepad that goes on the fridge,

We bought a bunch of stuff and filled our car at Costco. Then we went to Pasta Factory for my birthday lunch! It was so yummy, but I wasn't able to finish it all...and two hours later I was starving! :)


We came back to Cedar and I had to rush off to work. I only worked for 3 hours then got to come home a bit early in honor of my birth :-)

But while I was at work I had a nice surprise! My cousin Carli and her three kids, and my aunt Jill showed up with some balloons and candy for me! It made my day all the more fun. I'm so grateful I live where I'm surounded by great family! :)

When I got home, Ben had flowers for me and my presents all wrapped on the couch, YAY for that! I had fun opening them...he gave me a body pillow with a nice pillow cover, the movie Pink Panther (makes me laugh so hard), the game Chutes and Ladders (I've had a hankering to play that lately-and it was the retro edition, used to be my fave game as a kid), and a home theater system. A little TOO spoiled...but I was excited!






My Grandma Irene stopped by to bring me the mail we got in SG and gave me a nice birthday card, which was nice as well. Again, thankful for family!

Then we went to Dinner at Chinatown...and got WAY too much food.

But it was fun for leftovers! We came home for cake and ice cream and watched some stuff we had recorded on our DVR (thank heavens for Dish/DVR) and had a pretty chill night. It was a great day overall!


Thanks for all the Birthday wishes that came in throughout the day via text or phone call! Love y'all!

5 comments:

Avree said...

Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a great day! Your hubby sounds like a great guy, you got spoiled!

kate said...

You're only 24? Wow.. Wait until 25! That's the one that GETS you. Happy be-lated though. You got hooked up! ;)

Brock and Kensey said...

Happy Late Birthday to you!! It sounds like you had a great day! You sure know how to celebrate :) Congrats on being pregnant! SOOO exciting!!

Unknown said...

how fun! And Pink Panther.....next time you are down I will tell you a funny story! Anwayss You have a sweet husband!!! And hope it was fun

Chanelle said...

Oh, my GOODNESS! I'm such a jerk. Happy happy happy happy birthday! Since when have you been living in Cedar? Happy Birthday! Congrats with feeling the baby :) That's so fun. Love you dude!