Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Alone at last!

So Ben and I moved this week! We had been looking in Cedar for a LONG time and finally found a place to suit us. We had to move up sooner than when school starts because I got a JOB! I started working for Infowest on Monday, and was driving up early in the morning to be at work. I told Ben I didn't want to have to commute for longer than a week, so luckily we found our IDEAL place and moved in on Thursday!

We've got 3 bedrooms (really great sized) 2 bathrooms, a laundry room complete with washer dryer(and actual walking space), wood floors in the living room and kitchen, newer carpet in the bedrooms, doggy doors for Figaro, a BIG backyard for him to play in...which will be a work in progress due to the rocks and lack of grass at the moment...and he even has his own little dog run to play in! We also have a nice garage with lots of room for our extra stuff(as if the extra bedrooms aren't enough). After looking so long we really feel like we got the best deal for our money! A lot of places didn't have bath tubs, or dishwashers, or washer/dryers, or allow dogs. We had really specific needs and luckily this place met all of them and didn't cost a fortune to rent!

The only BAD thing is that we moved in Thursday, and that evening realized the gas wasn't on. Ben called Friday morning at 7:00 a.m. and found out we wouldn't be able to get it turned on until MONDAY! WHAT?! So...no dishwasher heat, no washer or dryer, no stove or oven, no HOT SHOWERS. It's been really tough to want to unpack when you can't really wash anything, or yourself for that matter. We toughed out two VERY cold showers yesterday (the kind that take your breath away like 6 times before you can not SCREAM at the top of your lungs) but decided enough was enough and came to Grandma's house to take some nice hot showers. It's nice to have family close. If this had happened in California...we'd have been S.O.L.

We're looking forward to getting internet on Tuesday, as well as our GAS on Monday! And on WEDNESDAY...we'll be celebrating the 24th anniversary of my birth!!! I guess I understand what big people said to me when I was a kid...birthdays are only fun when you're little. Because I'm excited...but I'm not holding my breath for any big parties or anything! All I want is a cake and some TLC from Ben...and my day will be made!

Anyway, that's what we've been up to this week! We'll get pictures up as soon as we are all unpacked!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAHA THANKS KIRSTEN! I WILL MAKE YOU ONE! IT WAS REALLY FUN ACTUALLY:)