Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

Poetry

Well I wrote a sweet little poem for Ben a couple days before this picture was taken, but I think they kinda go together :) The picture is from when we went to dinner with Ashlee and Jeremy for their junior prom dinner...so fun!



You may never understand
How steep the climb
Or how rough the road
could sometimes be

But in the end it led me to you
and somehow led you to me

Through the many tearstained nights
And cold, lonely days;
I never thought my heart would learn
To love this way again

You came and swept me off my feet
Just like it should always be
I was so surprised to see
That you were so right for me

I would never take away
Or erase what I've been through
Because that rockiest of roads
Led me straight to you

When I look into those deep blue eyes
I see my future in a glimpse
And I can't help but wonder
What would life be like without him?

Never before was life so simple
or a laugh so sweet to share
My life has found perfection
In becoming with him, a pair.

I'd give all I have to be with him
Forever and then some more
Because in him I've found myself
And a life worth fighting for

I know he thinks it's simple
He's nothing to celebrate
But I see in him a man
Who was very worth the wait

And though I cry every now and then
Because I long to hold him near
I know the reward will be worth the cost
It will be worth every single tear.

To love again,
what a blessing it is
to be loved in return.
More of a miracle than we realize
and there's so much to be learned.
You never know when love could leave
for a while or maybe forever
So cherish those you hold so dear
leave no regrets, not ever.

My life holds so much promise now
My wildest dreams are coming true
And I can't wait for the adventures
I get to share with you...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Blogs,poetry,wedding approvals,and setting a date! I hope everything work out with New York , then I can come and visit you! can't wait to go to lunch! Love your butt!

The Allen Family said...

Thanks a lot for making me bawl at my work. What a beautiful poem! You guys are perfect for each other!! Next time he's down here, let's go to dinner or something!! XOXO!

photography by Mikki said...

Oh my! I love the picture of you 2 reading that letter...how neat is that! I am so excited for you guys- I would love to do your wedding day pictures- I'll check my schedule, but what time are you getting married and where? I can send you a pricelist and a fun questionnaire too. Congrats!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

How awesome! That is beautiful! You have always had a way with words :)