Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

California Bound

SOOO just to give everyone an idea...this is the beach we will live about 10 minutes from or maybe less depending on where we live. But yes, this will be in my backyard pretty much! Isn't it a beauty? Ben and I walked along this beach a couple weeks ago...and it'll be fun to have many more evenings like it!

The beach and ocean really are SO beautiful. Ben and I had this one (one of many) romantic night the night before we got engaged (this was almost our engagement story actually)...we were sitting on the beach in newport, watching the waves roll in. we had two glasses and a bottle of sparkling cider. there was a lot of fog that night so you couldn't see too far out into the distance, but we could see the little pier jutting out into the water. There was a bonfire going on behind us a little ways, and we could hear people playing drums and other music. There was barely a trickle of light from their fire so we could see quite well. Ben kept whispering in my ear, how much he loved me, and I can't describe how much more I fell in love with him that night. Sitting in such a beautiful place with hardly anything except the nature God blessed us with, enjoying the magic of the ocean waves. There's a reason everyone loves the beach...it's miraculous and beautiful! I'm glad I got to share that moment with Ben. And knowing there are so many more to come...how exciting! I'm just so grateful to have him and get to share the rest of eternity by his side. :)

2 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Wow. Now your blog almost made me cry! I LOVE the beach! We'll have to come and visit often! Love ya!

Jenna Marie said...

Hi Kirsten
This is Jenna (Heinrich) Corry. You are right about the beach- How could you ever not fall more in love with who you are with after being alone on the beach like that! :) I'm so happy for you that you have found someone to truly complete you... Good luck with everything!