Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

July 4th 2012!

Our 4th of July was classic and the same as it always is- minus some family members! Usually there are a ton of us gathered but since people have moved out of Cedar not as many made it into grandma Irene's backyard. We still enjoyed some yummy KFC and the company of family. Connor had fun raking imaginary leaves, getting into everything he shouldn't, playing with his cousin Taytum, and eating watermelon! Parker basically relaxed on a blanket with Ben and Ashlee and Desi and enjoyed being outside. He's so easy going! He let me snap some photos of him in this chair. I had to since I did the same with Connor! :) 

We went to the parade before lunch and we BARELY missed getting Connor onto the fire truck to ride. We thought they were always at the end but this year they were at the beginning so we missed it by a minute or less. My mom tried to run with him to get there but still didn't make it. He had fun watching the parade and my dad kept helping him get candy. I think my dad was more obsessed with the candy than Connor but he still enjoyed eating whatever grandpa got for him! 

We went to the park after the parade and had a snow cone, and Ashlee and I sang karaoke. "Before he Cheats" by Carrie Underwood. I'm sure we sounded awful and my cousin said it was a family friendly choice...NOT! :) It was a good day overall! The kids were SO tired by the time we got home so they didn't stay up for fireworks but I went with my parents and Tasha to watch them. We found a little secluded spot on the black hill and avoided most of the traffic. We were right under one of the spots where they were setting them off and that scared us a lot at first! But I'm glad I went. It was beautiful and set to music! We had a funny drive home too with a ward member pulling up beside my dad acting like he was going to pass him. My dad was like "What the hell is he doing?!" and then we realized who it was and spent the rest of the hour laughing with him and their family. My mom loves to laugh- did you know that? Hahaha...Anyway enjoy our day in photos! This is what hangs me up on blogging. Ever since becoming more professional I feel like I have to edit everything I put online. So here are the 4 I actually edited, then 100 unedited collages :)




















No comments: