Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

It's been a fun summer!

We did a lot this summer. We had small adventures and small getaways, but we had big fun! The first thing I have photos of is our little trip to New Harmony. This was in early June and we went with my dad to do some surveying of my great-aunt's property. He took care of some overgrown weeds in her yard and we played for a couple hours. It was a short trip but so fun! The kids loved being outside, and while I was nervous about snakes, I relaxed enough to have fun too! We were able to take some gorgeous pictures out there. I love this property and always have loved going there. It's breathtaking and heavenly! 

 My sweet Parker
Connor's had a nail biting habit for nearly a year now. Silly boy. And this day I guess he decided it'd be fun to pick his nose too! :)

 Parker is sort of a momma's boy and didn't like being left on the blanket while I played with Connor!

 Grandpa took Connor to see the well way out on the other side of the field, then took him for a ride on the 4 wheeler. Right as Ben wanted to go for a drive on it, it broke. The last person to drive it had killed the clutch. Oh well...Ben hates 4 wheelers anyway! :)
 My sisters are always willing models when it comes to my camera!

Next is our trip to South Point in Vegas. This is the only reason to even go to Vegas in my opinion. It's not far away but there is so much to do! We loved going swimming, meeting new people at the pool like a lady from Europe who is in remission from cancer. Amazing how many people from all over the place come to Vegas. Anyway, the day we got there was June 17th- my birthday and Father's day! I never did get a single picture of myself or Ben with the boys for either holiday...but we did have a good time. The kids were sorta difficult when it came to bed time and Connor threw some GIANT fits that we thought would get us kicked out of the hotel. But we made it work and had some good times!

 When you stay at South Point you get coupon books and one of the coupons is B1G1 bowling. So we all played a couple games. It took FOREVER...we were supposed to play 3 games and in the end we got our money back for the third game cuz we were so bored and the kids were just DONE. Connor loved the popcorn and we loved that it was CHEAP!

Such a cute little bowler. 
 Parker in the stroller trying to doze off for a nap. He never did. 
Dinner at Cheesecake Factory! YUMMMM!!! I love the Chicken Madeira. 

And here are some random pics of Connor. This is what he's spent his summer doing. Playing in the backyard in his car. He loves to collect keys and go "drive". He is such an imitator and copies the way we drive. He has picked up on our little mannerisms, like the way we turn our steering wheels and he copies us! I love it. He's got such a spitfire personality and keeps us laughing!

More pictures to come of our fun summer adventures!!!

No comments: