Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Whole lotta summer...




Somehow I got behind on blogging....I really don't know why! I was pregnant with nothing to do, but I just didn't realize how many pictures I had taken that had gone unpublished! We did do a lot of fun things in the last months of summer. We took Connor to Kid's day at Fabulous Freddy's because he is OBSESSED with animals due to his Baby Genius Baby Animal DVD. We thought he'd love the petting zoo, and we were right! He had a BLAST and we had fun watching him have fun.
Riding the horse was fun but he was VERY focused and somewhat nervous! I couldn't get him to smile cuz he was so concentrated on what he was doing, but I know he loved it!
Petting all the animals....which later we suspect led to a slight e-coli infection. Yuck.
Connor got a fake tattoo, stood in the firetruck and chased bubbles from the Little Mermaid ship!


Also, the splash pad! I have been invited many a times to go to the splash pad with other moms and their kids but I just didn't want to go. I envisioned my child running like a crazy person, tripping and falling from the wet ground and me trying to chase after him with my big fat pregnant self. But on a REALLY boring day I finally got brave and took him with Ben and my parents. He LOVED it and I felt bad that I hadn't taken him sooner! It was actually a nice cool day which made it colder for Connor but he didn't seem to care one bit. Notice in the pics he's looking down at the spot where the big water spurts out....and then in the next picture he's running away crying? It got him right in the face poor kid! The water wasn't running very consistently so he got bored and we took him to play in the creek area. He loved that as well! I'm such a lame mom for not taking him sooner but he did enjoy going a few more times after that.


Connor had mixed emotions about the carousel. He didn't mind it at first but by the end he was crying and pretty upset. Something about horses I guess...ha ha. He is such a precious boy, I love this shot below.
When Ben officially graduated in August we had a little celebration for him. I don't remember if I blogged about this yet- but anyway we had a little sign on the door and some of these happy balloons in the yard and then I surprised him with a night in town at the Hilton. It was kind of a retreat for us both and we had a nice quiet stay. I didn't take any pictures really, but we did meet my mom and dad and Connor at Cracker Barrel across the street for dinner and my mom got a shot of us. It's the tiny one in the top corner haha. Had to get this pic in of Connor and my dad. They are best buddies and Connor follows him everywhere outside helping with yard work. It's hilarious!


At the first part of August my bestie Lauren came into town from Texas. Well not into SG town really, but me, Lyndsey and Rayni met up with her in Vegas and had a fun girls day/night! We saw a movie, "Crazy, Stupid, Love" which rocked my socks off and made me laugh til I almost peed my pants. Then we went to Cafe Rio for dinner with some of Lauren's other friends and her sisters and mom. After checking in at our hotel we met up with everyone at Fashion Show Mall on the strip and did some shopping. We got some frrrrrrozen hot chocolates at Serendipity and then headed back to the hotel. We bid farewell to Lyndsey who had to get back for work the next day and had a nice night at South Point. We had girl talk and then a nice brunch the next day before Lauren had to meet back up with her family. It was such a nice trip and even though I was somewhat uncomfortable and swollen I had a great time out with a few of my very best friends! The next day I did get to see Lauren again before she and her fam went to Tuacahn and she got to see Connor for a minute!
So that wraps up summer...I'm sad I didn't get this done sooner but hey at least I got it in there! :-)

No comments: