Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Busy 2 weeks!


Life is really falling into place and I am finding my stride with two kids! Having Parker is SO fun and I don't care what anyone says, I'd so much rather have my newborn here than be pregnant! I get better sleep now than when I was pregnant! haha I know that's not always the case for people but Parker is an AWESOME sleeper and eater and just a little jewel of a baby. Makes my life pretty enjoyable! After having a colic ridden baby in Connor this is such a nice change. Let's just hope it stays this way for a little while! I have so much more patience this time around than the first time. I understand a lot more what it means to sacrifice- my sleep, my energy, my entire body- for this little person who we created and brought into the world! It's been two of the best weeks of my life, and while I've had a couple of post-partum break down cries it has been all part of a very healthy process of becoming a mother to a new person. I have so much fun watching Connor as a big brother as well. Here are some pictures of the fam with Parker as well as some visitors! I of course regret I haven't taken his picture with every visitor, my brain isn't ALWAYS on...but this is what I do have! I'm challenging myself to take as many pictures as I can since I know there's that trap of not taking as many pics of your second child as your first. I know I haven't taken as many...but I'm working on it! :-) And probably took WAY too many of Connor so it's all good!

Grandpa's second boy!
Proud Grandma!
Connor with his aunts
Chill time
Grandpa and Grandma Woolsey came to visit on Saturday the 22nd and played with Connor and his trucks and met baby Parker!
Watching popcorn pop and then watching Curious George with Grandpa
Connor watching Parker get his diaper changed.. everything is so interesting about this new baby!
Carving pumpkins! Connor loved pulling the guts out!
Visit from auntie La La! So glad she happened to be in town from Texas! Love my bff!

So if you missed it on Facebook, we aren't moving to Santa Fe. They pretty much decided not to hire anyone for the position right now...so they're basically idiots who had no idea what they even wanted in the job. So we're on the hunt again but I'm actually a lot happier with the prospects we have right now. I'd rather live closer to home and these are much closer than Santa Fe! So here's to hoping we have a job by January! :-)

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Your little guys are sooo cute! I'm glad it has been going well for you! I had a hard time going from 1 to 2, so it is great to hear your doing well! Your such a cute Mom!!!!

kate said...

He's so cute!! Congrats again!!

linzi said...

Congrats, Kirsten!!! He is so cute! It looks like you have adjusted beautiful to having two! You'll have to share your tips :)