Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Mini Vacay!

Ben and I had a little fun last minute vacation on Thursday night with my parents in Vegas. We were going to go to lunch down there on Wednesday just for fun, but decided we didn't have enough time because my mom had stuff to do. We looked at rooms for the next night just for fun and they had one at the Tuscany Suites for $19.60! Believe it or not the place looked pretty decent. Later that day we checked again and it had gone up to $32.75. Bummer! But we talked my dad into going still for that price, still SO cheap. But then Ben didn't want to spend the money...being unemployed and all...so we gave up. I went to check something online at like 6:30 that night and refreshed the page and the hotel had gone down to $17.00 for the night!!! What a steal! So I booked it with no regard to Ben's complaints, my mom did the same and we left at 7:00! We got to Vegas around 9:00 and had dinner at Sweet Tomatoes with my grandparents and my grandma Sharon's son Allen. We LOVE Sweet Tomatoes!
Grandma and Grandpa enjoying their first time at ST. It was fun to see them!!!


The best part was the room...I couldn't believe how nice it was! We paid under $20 including tax!


I told Ben to do his best sexy look...I got a roll of the eyes instead.

We walked around the Bellagio and saw their latest display...pretty neat.

And we of course stopped to see the famous water show!

My mom totally ruined this shot with her bunny ears in the background. LAME.

This was Ben's first time seeing the water show. We got to watch "All that Jazz". It was really spectacular, as always! :)

We got cheap deals all around. I'll tell you what we spent cuz I'm so stoked! First of all we took our car, which gets roughly 50 miles per gallon and spent a total of $14.00 on gas- split in two so $7.00. Then we got our room for $19.60- such a deal. I found some expired coupons for Sweet Tomatoes that they accepted (expired Nov 08!) which made our dinner $17.85. We had a late breakfast/lunch at the Sunset Station Buffet...long story short someone told us about a coupon in the paper that got us a Buy one get one free to the buffet, and I got a players card which saved us $1 per person. Our grand total for the meal was $15.00 split in half...so $7.50! SO grand total for the 24 hour trip--- $51.95! Most people spend double that just for the room!!! We were really proud of our savings. I also bought a new shirt and new Steve Madden shoes, and a new XOXO wallet for a total of $33 dollars at Burlington Coat Factory. I love getting good deals!

Valentines started early for us- we went and had Valentines Breakfast at Denny's at midnight, (SO GOOD) then went to Walmart to get a few V-day goodies ;) We got home at 1:30 and woke up at 7:45 to go clean the chapel. We took a long nap then got ready and went to Marley and Me at Flood Street--I've NEVER cried so hard in a movie. NEVER. It was SO good though! Then we went and picked up our Cafe Rio that I had called in before the movie, and our special Valentines Tres Leches with chocolate covered strawberries. (Darn no picture). We drank sparkling cider and watched "Brideshead Revisited" which was sort of a bust- not a cute romance..sorta weird. We enjoyed time alone and even went hot tubbing for a little while. We resolved that next Valentines we won't go ANYWHERE..we'll enjoy the fact that we have our own place. Living at home with parents is HARD but we are grateful! We had so much fun not spending much money and just enjoying each other!


Hope you all had a Happy and Romantic Valentines!!!

3 comments:

Errin said...

wow, what a great deal! Im glad you had a great V DAY!

Errin said...

Haha, I was reading that comment going... who.. what.. huh... then I figured out it was you.. haha! Ya lunch would be grand! And if you ever need your job back at cafe rio im your girl! ;)

Robyn said...

Fer fun!! You are always good at getting deals and coupons and stuff like that. Remember when you got your new car and they guy gave us free dinners in mesquite??? haha how could you forget. Man I wish I could have crab legs right now!!