Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Found some puppies!

So today Ben and I drove up to Cedar because he has two interviews for grad school. The first was with the head of the department and at the last minute they planned one with the Dean of the Fine Arts School! YIKES!!! We are so excited and nervous at the same time. We just hope everything works out for the best and he gets into this program! They only accept 5-6 every year, so it's really hard to get in. It's a terminal degree, meaning it's as high as you can go in the arts admin program- there's no doctorate. I'm trying VERY hard to have faith and not give into any doubts I may have! As I sit here and type I think he's in his final interview! AH!

Anyway, the point of my post. We were driving around looking for potential places to live when I told ben to STOP! He almost ran over two little dogs! There aren't really any houses in the area, just some new townhomes and the new hospital. I couldn't see anyone calling for them or looking for them. I even asked a lady pushing a stroller if they were hers and she'd never seen them around before. So I contemplated for a bit then when I saw them almost get hit by a few more cars I scooped them up and put them in the car! I wouldn't want MY dogs to get hit! So I put an ad on craigslist for them. They have no tags, no identification at all. Ones a boy and ones a girl. I'm not sure if they are siblings or being bred together. They are SO cute and sweet, and I named them Charlie and Abbey. Haha...they sorta answer to the names even. I'm hoping someone is just at work and doesn't even realize they are gone yet! If we don't get a call before we leave Cedar we are taking them with us until someone claims them. If nobody does we might be waiting on some puppies then have a few dogs to find good homes for! The female is in heat, so we're thinking she's either pregnant or about to become pregnant :)

Anyway, that's my excitement for the week! Everyone knows how much I love dogs! I'm not going to put any of their description yet just in case someone sees my blog and claims to own them. They are an expensive breed and I want to make sure I find the real owners!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! I hope everything works out for you guys up in Cedar. Nerve wracking I'm sure.

Kenz is feeling better, and hasn't peed the bed for a week or so. I have had my camera for like a year, maybe I'm just getting to learn it better! Unless you think I took the pictures on my last post which I didn't I stole them of a picture site!

Oh, we are thinking of California for our destination during spring break. I think kenzie will like Disney Land. Of course, because you don't live there anymore! Gawl!