Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bye Bye Opera...

So it's official for those of you who don't know--Opera Pacific closed it's doors last Friday...I guess the fat lady already sang...cuz it's over! (haha)

Thankfully Ben was able to get a small severance and we had some money saved...so we should be ok as long as we can get out of our apartment lease! We are hoping and praying...and it looks like we have a few good leads! Just tonight a guy emailed us about our apartment, he and his fiance are getting married December 6th and he has been looking for a place for them...and she lives in Utah..and they are LDS, and he graduated from BYU...sound like anyone else??? SO WEIRD! They are in our EXACT situation! I may even be able to get her a job at my office to replace me! So we're optimistic that we've found our "replacements" ^_^

Anywho...here are some pictures from the farewell party for Opera Pacific, hosted at Sue's house...the Director of Development. It was a fun way to see everyone one last time. I hope everyone finds great jobs and finds the silver lining in this sad thing that's happened!


Ben, Emily (ticket sales) Renee (group sales), Joseph (tickets), Wayan (Special Events)


Bob (CEO) Michelle (Special Events), Ben
Ben and sweet Mary, the secretary

I thought this was the funniest dessert to bring! haha...I ate elmo...
And for those who may have missed this picture...Ben and I assisting the costume department to rent out some costumes. Don't we look awesome?

Meanwhile, Ben is enjoying a little break from the working life. Today being Veterans day, I was able to spend some extra time with him! I'll be sad to work my full time hours starting again tomorrow...I hate that he's home without me! But we'll survive...and hopefully Ben can find a TERRIFIC job in SG! Pray for us! Thanks for all your support so far! We've definitely decided SG is the place for us right now!

2 comments:

Beth Olsen said...

BEST OF LUCK! Sounds like the Lord is watching out for you guys! Keep doing good things and He'll keep doing that! Love you!

According to Ana said...

call me the pecks are going on a mission and want some one to house sit for them I think the rent is 500-700 which is awesome considering you would have the whole house!
216-2147