Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Impromptu!

So can anyone guess where Ben and I spent our weekend??? We got to visit this super cool guy down below...



So Ben and I woke up Friday morning (dreading work of course) and started talking about how we wished we could go to the temple,  but ours is closed for maintenance for the next two weeks...so...
 Ben said: Well let's just go to San Diego Temple! (jokingly)
I said: Okay!!! We can have an impromptu weekend away!
Ben: Well...when should we leave?
Me: Just go into work early and we'll leave at three!

SOOO we found a kennel for the dogs, packed our bags in 10 minutes, and we were off! Ben found a Marriott room for 75 dollars ( he apparently had some Marriott points) and we found the mexican restaurant I had eaten at with Wes, Chanelle and Elliot last May, which was SO yummy! 


Here's me holding the menu--the food here is so good!
Those weird lines are from the window I was taking the picture through. This was my view at the restaurant. So pretty!
Ben and I on the beach
This was our view out the window of our hotel! See the beautiful San Diego Temple? We were on the top (15th) floor!
Close-up of the Temple
I really love Marriott hotels..they are always SO beautiful. This was the lobby! Cool fixture eh?
Ben and I slept in (till 6:30 a.m....bleh) and went to do a session at the San Diego Temple! 
We loved being able to feel the spirit in such a beautiful place! 
Me using our cool camera's effects...
Next we drove on down to Sea World! Here we are in line for "Journey to Atlantis" We got SOAKED from head to toe (to say the least).
Here's Ben with the penguins in the background! You can see by his hair that he got drenched on the ride before this! :)
My FAVORITE part of Sea World..the sea lions! AHAHAHA! I wish I could put some video up...and maybe I will later but it takes too long! They are SO funny, especially at feeding time! 
I got some REALLY great action shots of Shamu! (Even though the show itself was sorta lame)
Ben and I sat in THE soak zone. Four rows back. WOW. Stupid. 
And there's Shamu showing off the very fins he drenched us with!!!

We are SO lucky to be able to just plan a trip to San Diego, and get there in less than an hour and a half! We had some much needed R&R, and felt like we had been blessed with a little second mini-honeymoon! We love where we live, and that we have such a great time together.  We are SO blessed!!!

3 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

HOW FUN!!! I can't wait to go to the San Diego temple!! The Sac temple is closed for two weeks too.... Really weird... we don't know what to do on Wednesdays for the next two weeks. We were tempted to go to Oakland, but... that is a 2 hours Drive, then session, then 2 hour drive home and being at work the next morning by 8:00. which wouldn't be to bad....but oh well. HOW FUN TO MAKE A WEEKEND OF IT!!! Sea World Rules !! I havn't been there in FOREVER!!!

Errin said...

The temple is so pretty! It just pops from everything else! And sealworld..... LUCKY! ;)

Chanelle said...

Oh, the memories! Yeah, I'm glad you had those marriott points because our hotel was a dive. I love SEA WORLD! Those walrusses or seals or whatever they are crack me up.