Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Bond anyone?

So I was going to wait a little longer to blog about my amazing job, because I blogged about the last one and it seemed to be a jinx...cuz I ended up hating that job. But the thing that put me over the edge, is that I found out today, that in two weeks my office will be closing about an hour early (at one) and going on a harbor cruise! Yeah...someone owns a yacht that holds like 40 people so we are cruising the afternoon away, then going "bar hopping" (I'm sure that'll be fun for me and the other two LDS guys...haha) and then to dinner! So 2 weeks from now is my month point, and that's about when I quit the other job. I figure there's NO way things could go south in two weeks since there's such a fun excitement on the horizon! hahaha SO without further ado...ahem...my new job. 

I LOVE it more than any job I've EVER had. It's HARD and I'm learning TONS everyday. Their training method is this: "just give Kirsten a project, without much explanation and she'll figure it out...actually give her 10 projects, see how she multi tasks, and see what kind of product we get..." haha. It's WORKING though! I have become such a little smarty pants! I work with bonds mostly, it's not a stock market firm. These are BIG ticket items. Like everyday we trade 50 MILLION dollars worth of bonds. Some of our traders are making $45-90,000 PER MONTH. It's really cool to see numbers like that and to know basically everyone that works there is RICH. haha. Anyway...besides  my new infatuation with being wealthy...I really do love my job. I have CO-WORKERS now...the other job really didn't! We laugh so hard we cry but still do good work!!! I really thank heaven everyday that I landed such a wonderful job with such grand opportunity! :)

2 comments:

Errin said...

thats really awesome! Im glad you love your new job! and have fun Bar hopping! ;)

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

HOW AWESOME!!!! You will have a blast! :) Yeah.... gotta love the training. It seems like that is how my job has been.... the last 4 and half years.. HA HA :) I am glad you are loving the job! :)