Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Well...it's a deep subject

Get it? Ha ha that's one of the many phrases my dad has under his belt. On his birthday we spent the whole weekend listing all the funny off kilter phrases he says. Some we have heard a million times, others only a few times. We tease him at how unoriginal he is but we really do love all the quirky comments!

Anyway....my last post was the result of a boring bad day. The night ended better, with my nails and toenails being painted by my baby sister Tasha and my hair being done by my other sweet sister Ashlee. And if Desi had been around I'm sure she would have done something too... :) Anyway I have a great family. We went out for ice cream after that and had a good laugh at my sour mood.

SO an idea I've played around with before but have been talked into by my sweet husband....I'm going to write a book. I won't give any details now but it'll be a short and sweet funny book...factual and fun. So yay that! I have something to fill my time with....and it'll be an entertaining process I think. :-)

I'm also going to spend some more time teaching Connor. It's amazing how fast he's learning right now. I just read a book with him and he was able to say what each thing on each page was. Made me realize maybe he's ready for a little bit of mommy preschool! I used to play school with my sisters and had Ashlee reading pretty big books at age 3. So hey...why not get started with my own kiddo!? Also...we're ready to start potty training at our house. YIKES. But he's ready. Everytime we sit on the toilet he wants to pull his pants off and sit on his. And he tells us when he's pooping or pooped...so yeah. Bring it on!

2 comments:

Avree said...

Are you sure potty-training is the best solution for a mommy slump? :) J/k, it sounds like he is ready so I'm sure he'll do great. Just be ready to stay home for a few days. Don't feel bad about being bored sometimes. I was telling my mom just the other day that it's not like I'm bored sometimes because I have nothing to do. It's just that some things (i.e. watching your kid play in the bath or unloading the dishwasher for the millionth time) are boring. I'm sure you'll be plenty busy when your next little one comes, I'm jealous that you only have 2 months left!

KaraCampbell said...

I hear you on motherhood being "boring". It's the monotony of it all. Day in, day out same routine. How could that not get on a mothers nerves?

You definitely aren't alone in this one! We all have felt this way.

We need to embrace it. This is the stage we are in, in our lives right now. It will end. Then we will miss it. Its just the way things seem to go.

PS you aren't lazy! Your day sounds exactly like mine! And guess what im doing? Laying in bed while K is at school and C is sleeping just so I can have a minute to myself. So that my skull doesn't split in two when C wakes up and starts screaming. Moms NEED down time. Take it whenever and wherever you can! Even if there are a million other things to attend to, attend to yourself first.

I love you. Lets have girls night out! Asap.