Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Baby's heartbeat...

So I know I may seem obsessed...but I found out from a fellow pregnant girl on one of the pregnancy websites I am a member of that these Angel Sounds Fetal heart monitors really work! So of course I had to get one...

I was so excited to try it, and for a couple days I sat around, and all Ben saw was me with my headphones on, trying to find his heartbeat again and again! It's easiest with water, I didn't need to buy any gel or anything-which is also nice. I'd never heard good things about fetal heart monitors, but this one really works! I decided to record it onto the computer, but in order to upload it anywhere I had to make it into a video file. It may seem corny to some of you, but for posterity sake I had to get the little guy's heartbeat on record, and the video of my belly a few weeks ago doesn't really cut it for me! :)

Tonight I was using it, and was getting a really clear heartbeat...sometimes I can hear mine too loudly over his, but I couldn't hear mine at all. Just his strong little beat. So I wondered to myself, where is he in my belly? Maybe he's just right there! Within seconds he kicked right where the monitor was pushing against my belly...as in kicked so hard the whole fetal monitor moved and I saw my hand raise up an inch or two! WEIRD. I'm still getting used to that part of pregnancy :) But I love it SO much!

These things are also great for recording your OWN heartbeat so after the baby comes you can play it back for them, since it's a sound they grow so used to. Thought that was a cool idea...

Anyway if you've ever been playing around with the idea of getting one, I highly recommend this brand, it's great and it's really fun to be able to pick it up and hear your baby's heartbeat whenever you want to!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Yes I totally thought of you because I had to exit on Bristol street to get over to the Tustin metrolink (I was trying to avoid traffic on the 55 by taking surface streets and it actually worked out great!) You would have loved the fair! I was trying to figure out, did you live here during fair time? was it over a year or just less than a year?

Anyway, yes, we miss you. I have been waiting 28 days to be exact since I sent my paperwork in. The thing says it can take up to 4 weeks or 30 days, so they better get with it here soon. I am just worried maybe I duplicated offers or something and I'm not going to get it!! We will have to talk I want to hear what weird offers you did. The weirdest on I did was the tacky birthstone ring from the Jewelry Savings plan. Yuk. And then the "silkies" were pretty weird too, haha!

Bess Family said...

kristen thanks so much for the information! I was out of town all last week but I e-mailed my resume today so hopefully your boss with get it:). Thanks again. That is exciting that you are expecting too!

KaraCampbell said...

Fun! I used my monitor with McKenzie almost every night! They are the best!

Christina said...

kirsty i'm so excited for you!