Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day to....

ME! That's right! I am the newest member of the soon to be mommy club! :) I had every intention of waiting until a bit later to spill the beans, but it's been hard enough as it IS to keep a secret! I'm actually surprised I lasted this long! So without further ado...the stats:

*Baby Tyrrel is due December 12, 2009. Just in time for Christmas!
*I am nine weeks pregnant as of yesterday.
*I get my first ultrasound TOMORROW! YAY!
*I haven't been sick to the point of throwing up which is GREAT, but I feel pretty icky most of the time.
*I already LOVE this baby. He/She is the size of a grape right now and I gotta be honest, I just can't look at grapes the same anymore. It was the same with lima beans and blueberries.. the week it looked like a blueberry I craved them. Weird.
*Speaking of cravings I don't have any that are amazing. The only thing that comes close is Mexican food. I love cheesy beefy stuff... but for the most part I actually really don't like food at all sometimes. At first I loved onions and hamburgers...not so much anymore. YUCK.
*Ben is SO excited and I catch him reading my pregnancy books quite often. He's prepared for all the weird parts of this pregnancy.
*The baby's due date falls the day after Ben's LAST final in school! Couldn't have planned it better if we'd tried!
*This is why Hawaii wasn't really more than a fleeting thought for our future...

For fun I thought I'd post how we told our parents and siblings about the great news! This is the first grandchild on my side, and a close second on Ben's side! My sister in law's baby and mine will only be 5 months apart! Yay!

I was obviously the FIRST to find out about our little grape. We have been trying for nine months so it was a day like any other. Take the test and go on with life hopeful for next month. Only THIS time...as I was washing my hands I looked over and noticed a very faint line. I got as close to it as possible and my heart started to pound. In my head I was saying "Oh my...oh my..."

Ben was at my parent's old house painting, and my mom was in her room. I didn't know what to do! I didn't even know if it was real! So I hid the test in my nightstand and came to look at it off and on all day. It was for SURE a pink line. This was April 3rd...and I thought I'd have the strength to wait till our anniversary on the 12th. YEAH RIGHT. I was giddy all day but didn't tell Ben yet. I told him I had a special early anniversary present for him, and he said "What, are you going to tell me your pregnant?" In my most convincing voice and with my most convincing lie face I said..."Yeah right...I WISH!" Ha ha...

I gave Ben a gift bag with sparkling cider, cheddar fries (couldn't pass them up, they were my fave in 5th grade) some SUGAR BABIES,and a small box with the pregnancy test! We were SO excited!

It was the hardest thing for me to keep it secret from my fam. I do LIVE with them for crying out loud. So as hard as I tried to wait till my mom's birthday on the 14th, I cracked on the 6th or 7th and gave my mom an early birthday present!

We gave the same frame to Ben's mom, and at first she thought it was for Miranda's baby...then caught on that it was for OUR baby! :)

Anyway...my mom didn't believe us at first, but once she was convinced she hugged me and said "I'm going to be a grandma! I'm going to be so out of control with my spending!" To which I replied.."That's what we're counting on! ha ha". My dad was also excited, but his excitement showed up over the following days with little comments like "Hey prego...are you sick yet...bye preggers...don't you dare move my grandbaby far away...and my favorite...IT'S A BOY." He's determined that this little grape is a boy. And he DOES deserve it with four daughters! I'll do what I can dad!

Next we told my sisters...I wanted to wait til Easter. Of course THAT didn't happen. So a few days beforehand I did a little Easter Egg hunt for them...which ended like this:
"Ewe R Going 2 Bee Ants!"


I was pretty proud of our creativity...

We told Ben's dad that we got him a birthday present (the baby is due on his birthday!)...but that it wouldn't be ready for 8 months. He guessed a basketball...and after a few more guessed figured it out! We told Miranda that we got her baby a Christmas present...a new cousin!

It has been so fun telling our families about our exciting news! Thanks to those of you who found out by accident- or in one of my weak moments- and kept it a secret! :)

Ben and I are SOOO excited to be parents and can't wait for all the fun stages of this pregnancy! Ben's been a real trooper already, putting up with my mood swings, sickness and sleepiness. He tickles my back a lot and does most of the work around here that I sometimes just DON'T feel like doing!

My family has been great too, being patient with me and my inablity to contribute sometimes. They're all really excited to be aunts and grandparents!

As for me I'm just happy the Lord saw fit to bless me with the gift of motherhood. I had fears that it may never happen for me, just silly superstitions I suppose. But I AM grateful for the blessing it is to be an almost mommy!

And of course Happy Mother's Day to my own mom who I love SO much! She is so beautiful, smart, funny and wonderful. I dream of being the kind of mother she has always been! I love you mom!!!

And Happy Mother's Day to everyone else! :-)

12 comments:

Teria Brooks said...

Congratulations to you both! You deserve it :) You will be such amazing parents.

Jolene and Ty said...

Congrats! You are going to love being a mommy, its the best thing ever!

Alicia said...

Congratulations!!! Thats wonderful news!!! You will be an awesome mom!

Errin said...

Congrats! Thats awesome!

The Schmutz Family said...

Congratulations! YAY. I'm so excited for you.

Meghan Ence said...

Congrats!!!!

Missy said...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you. Let me know if you need anything.

Aubrey said...

I'm so happy for you. Good luck! You'll be a natural.

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

that is so awesome!! congrats!! how exciting!!!! POst Belly pictures all the way!! :)

Steven and Miranda said...

YEA! We are preggers together! I am so glad our kids will have cousins to play with!!!

Cameron and Paige said...

Congrats!!! That's so exciting, you're going to make a great mom!

Beth Olsen said...

YAY Kirsten! Being a mom is the best thing EVER! You will love it! I am so excited for you! I can't believe that you kept it a secret for so long! That's a hard thing to not tell everyone walking down the street! Good job!