Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baby pictures--the first of many!

Ben and I got to have our first ultrasound on Monday! It was the neatest thing I think I've EVER experienced.  I've had so many friends have babies, and I've seen movies where they do ultrasounds, but I NEVER fully comprehended it until it was for my own baby! My cousin had me all scared they were going to do the "not fun" kind of ultrasound (you women know what I mean) but it was a normal one! I didn't have Ben bring the camera thinking it'd be the gross kind, and I was SO sad I didn't when I realized it wasn't! It was SO AMAZING! I have been nervous all along thinking what if something is wrong, what if there's really not a baby in there...etc...but there WAS! 

Here's the baby's heartbeat! A strong 180 beats per minute! 
I was SO excited we got to hear it as well as see it! I was BLOWN AWAY that such a tiny human can have such a strong heartbeat. 
Here's the head to rump measurements.  Such a cute little peanut isn't it?
The baby moved it's little arm almost as if it were waving to us! We got to see the start of its little hand and then it turned it's back to us! Ha ha...as if to say "Hey, thanks for visiting, but I'm going to sleep now. Thanks for stopping by!" It was awesome.

I felt like such a smiling fool the whole time and walking out of the doctor's office my face hurt from smiling!  I honestly can't believe there's really a person in my tummy, growing, moving and who knows what else! I don't know how anyone can doubt those babies are already alive in the womb- even this early! I'm amazed that this tiny little thing will become my baby in 7 short months! I can't wait to get more pictures of him/her in the future! I'm SO excited to be pregnant and again can't say how grateful I am for the chance to be a mommy soon!

Thanks everyone for your well wishes! :)

9 comments:

Lyndsey Swindlehurst said...

that is so exciting! I am very happy you are getting to experience this. I emember my 1st ultasound it is a very special time!

Steven and Miranda said...

You are VERY blessed to be pregnant! I am so excited for our babies to be cousins! I still can't believe there is a baby in my tummy too! I think it will be real when he actually is here. Hehe Love ya!

kate said...

congrats! ;)

Aubrey said...

Every moment becomes the new neatest moment. Congrats!

The Schmutz Family said...

That is AWESOME! I know how nerve wracking those appointments can be since I've had two miscarriages so I am SOOO happy for you. That is way funny that you had a dream about me the other night. We really did have A LOT of fun working together. I think we should hang out sometime and reminisce.

Avree said...

Congratulations! That is soooo exciting! The first ultrasound is the best, it makes you realize that there really is something in there! How fun!

Angie and Kyle said...

Congrats Kirsten! That is so exciting!

Brittany said...

Congrats! I am so excited! AND you finally get to have one of those weird baby countdowns on your blog!

Ryan and Shelia said...

I am so excited for the next part of your adventure in life. Having Children is such a blessing and you will be great parents.