Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Year, New Adventures!

We have been sorta out of the blogging loop lately. We did our Bahamas post and a silly vlog, but it occurred to me that we haven't really updated anyone on what Ben and I are DOING right now. There's not much to tell really! As of now we are living in St. George with my parents, and though it's been an adjustment we are grateful to not be homeless! :-) We have our own room with our bed that we are used to so we are content. We have been looking for jobs for two months now, to no avail. The past week and for another week we have been house sitting for my grandma Irene while she and her husband Jack enjoy a vacation in Australia! It has been REALLY nice to have some alone time again, and we've really grown closer together as a couple. We are having fun dog sitting their dogs peaches (the big cocker spaniel who I love cuz her face reminds me of Lady) and Gidget. Figaro has been enjoying life in the big backyard... Here's a cute picture of the boy and girls...


You may all THINK that being unemployed would be a LONG vacation...but it's actually quite stressful in it's own regard. While yes we enjoy watching TV, reading books, taking naps and exercising more, we are constantly making plans and changing them, waiting for something, ANYTHING to happen. It's hard and we have really tried to have as much faith as possible to get through this trial. One thing I am especially grateful for is that we have such a strong marriage. Having been through a marriage before that was AWFUL, I can fully appreciate the good man that I now have. Ben takes such good care of me, cooks for me, cleans up after me and tickles my back every day and night. He's my rock and I know that no matter where life takes us, as long as we're together we'll be JUST FINE. My heart has filled with so much love for him lately, and I can't imagine how hard it is for him to put on a brave face when he has so much pressure to provide and care for our little family of two.

One promising option we have recently discovered is going back to school. It was always a thought and a possibility, but since being here in Cedar we have looked closer into the programs that interest us and we feel REALLY good about it so far! SUU has a Masters in Arts Administration that would be IDEAL for Ben. It's a terminal degree meaning it's as high as he could possibly go in the field. No Doctorate is available ANYWHERE so it'd be a really strong selling point on his resume. And I found a Bachelors in Finance degree that I REALLY like. We could graduate together in about 2 1/2 years since we can't start till the fall. I think it'd make us stronger as individuals and as a couple to complete our education and be prepared for the things that can happen in this life. If the economy ever happens to fall this way again, we will be ready!

Today we enjoyed going to a young married college ward and I felt even more that this is somewhere we should be. It's funny that I dropped out of classes here at SUU and left my 2 bedroom apartment to move to California, and we'll probably end up here again ANYWAY! Life is SO unpredictable. But that's the beauty of it I guess! Plan to be surprised... :)

Today after church we took some pictures of Ben for his head shots for his application. I had to include the funny ones as well as my favorite handsome one. I LOVE my husband's blue eyes. They still take my breath away sometimes. Enjoy!!!



We had a fun and simple new years eve with my family. We had an AMAZING steak dinner with Costco steaks and lots of yummy food. We went to my Aunt Michelle's house for the final countdown so my cousins could set off their fireworks. Here's some pics of me with Cassidee and mine and Ben's new years kiss :)



I got to see Robyn for a couple hours after Christmas was over...and I am still so SO in love with little Lincoln! I had to include this picture of him with me, and one of Rob and I, even though we weren't THRILLED with the picture :) OH and by the way, I chopped my hair!

I had to include some pictures from when I got together with my girlfriends- Kara, Mary and Katie. It is ALWAYS so fun to get together again! Lately it only happens about once a year, but it feels like we're still in high school at moments! We used to have a LOT of funny times and I'm glad that even though it's been 7 years, we are still just as silly! I love you girls!


Anyway, that's the scoop for us as of now! Hope everyone else is enjoying the new year!

5 comments:

Katie Nikolaus said...

I LOVE YOU, TOO!!! I miss you guys so much! I hope you can find what it is you're looking for soon! You're both so awesome! Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

HI!

I was totally going to call you guys for game night this week but todd (Last minute) is leaving me for two nights...:( then i work...then we are leaving town till monday! So maybe next week! I love how our pics turned out, especially the one of all of us...I think I need a copy! Love ya!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

yeah! Happy new year!
Glad you know where you are suppose to be! That is a good feeling, even if looking for ajob stinks. But still knowing youare in the right place is good :)

Cute pics by the way!! :)

Errin said...

I love all the pics! And I am loving the new background! And thanks for the pic comments, your so sweet, and the location is in bloomington at a historical house!

linzi said...

Hi Kirsten! Thanks for saying hi! It sounds like you have been through so much! You sound so strong, and I really admire that. You also look so happy and completely in love! I love that! Good luck with all of the decisions that are on your plate! And it really was good to see you too! Blogs are the best! I hope we can keep in touch!
Oh, and we are in Ohio right now. Definitely not exciting, but it's working for us! I am counting down the years though - only 2 1/2 left! It is SO gray here! It makes me really miss how beautiful both Utah and anywhere in the West really is!