Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas in the BAHAMAS!!!

Well I think I put this post off long enough! I can't use Picasa on my MAC, so I have to list them out individually, so bear with me. We had a GREAT time on the lovely island of Nassau! It was definitely a different country though, we drove on the wrong side of the road, everything cost 3X the amount it costs in the US, (i.e. a gallon of milk cost $6.29 and a gallon of Apple Juice was $8.89) Aside from the small inconveniences we experienced in our vacation rental and the HIGH cost of food and fun, we had a RELAXING and wonderful vacation!


We left behind THIS weather...


For THIS!!!

Sunset...

This is us with the sea shell we found in the ocean!!! Cool eh?

Me posing with the shell...

This was a secluded little island, I'm not sure why it was so empty, we were the only ones there! But nobody got mad at us for being there either! We found lots of little shells and had fun since the OTHER side of the island was SO windy! There wasn't a single breeze on this side :-)


Ben and I on Paradise Island

Ben wading through the water at that secluded island


My favorite part of the vacation, Ben planned for us to swim with the Sea Lions over on this beach where Gilligan's Island was filmed! It was sad to have it be a cloudy day cuz people pay a lot just to come to the island itself...and it was included with our adventure. The beach is SO pretty, you can't even capture it in a photo!

Ash and I on the ferry

In our wet suits to swim with the Sea Lions! NOT flattering...haha


Some cute dolphins that live there...it's also a dolphin encounter.


Chillin on the beach...




Leaving the island on the ferry...

More of the island haha


The crew that rode in the back of the van...I got too car sick to sit back there.


Me and Pa...

All of us before our swim in the ocean!
The waves were NOT fierce like they look in this picture. It was like swimming in a big pool! With fun FUN waves...



All of us out in the ocean...the camera on a timer.
Writings in the sand...

Ben's sand turtle...he did a great job eh?

Beautiful view of the island

More island views...

Look at the pink sand granules!!!This is when we almost died...ok sorta. It was REALLY quite nerve racking! These pictures are just a re-enactment, but basically we were trying to find somewhere to eat dinner and tried this place called The Green Parrot. We got to the parking lot and it was laid out sorta weird, and at one point we were facing the ocean, and I started commenting on how it would be TERRIFYING to drive into the ocean in a car...and how I'd die of fear. So we try to find the place to eat and it was SO lame, just a tent with some tables, so we left. As we were driving out of the lot a car started to back up and didn't see us. Since my dad couldn't find the horn in time he just gunned it to get out of their way, until I SCREAMED "DAD!!! STOP!!! WATER!!!" He stopped and the other car finally saw us, and we did NOT go driving into the water! The picture below shows how close we were. And keep in mind this all happened at NIGHT so the water was higher due to high tide. So...yeah. Almost died. Heavenly Father was DEFINITELY watching over us.


Now for happier pictures...don't you LOVE this beach?



I laid down to read and listen to my ipod and when I looked over this was what I could see..I hope to ALWAYS remember that beautiful view.

Ash and I while shopping at Bay StreetSERIOUSLY...this HALF mug was $8!!!

Christmas Eve in our new PJ's...cute stuff!!!



Our last day at the beach. Sad SAD! I hate HATE leaving the ocean. It's honestly my favorite of Heavenly Fathers nature and beauty. I can sit and wash the waves crash for hours...I LOVE IT.

Our swimming pool at our house. It was nice after a day at the beach to be able to jump in the pool to get the sand off! :) We had a LOT of fun with all the swimming! It didn't feel like December at ALL to us. It was weird to come home to Utah and not be able to lay out! haha..
All in all it was a really REALLY fun but VERY expensive vacation! We didn't get to jet ski due to choppy waters, but I really REALLY appreciated my sweet husband going out of his way to book the sea lion encounter. You may wonder why we chose those over dolphins and it's because sea lions are my FAVORITE sea creature! They are the doggies of the ocean! They are SO cute and smart and sweet. We got to swim with a 20 year old male named Murray! It was also more intimate since we were the only people who were doing that encounter, besides one other lady. Ben has always known I love Sea Lions and he made it special for me by giving that to me as my Christmas present! I love him! And I'm so proud of him for putting up with my family for 10 days straight!!! What a trooper...5 women and one man to bond with. Ha ha ha...

It was a unique Christmas, spending Christmas day swimming in the Carribean Sea... but I think from now on we will stay at home...there's no place like home for the holidays...right?

We did stay home for New Years...more pictures and an awesome "VLOG" to come soon! Just a hint...Vera went sledding...and she has a lot to say about it.


Glad to hear you all had a Happy Holiday!
Happy New Year to everyone!

Love,

The Tyrrels

6 comments:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Hi, I am Heather from your book club and I just wanted to let you know I posted January's book and would love it if you joined in! And I am totally envious of your Christmas in the Bahamas-- it looks like a dream.

Dallas, Jessica, and Drake said...

Hey you! How are you doin!? Looks like you guys had a wonderful vacation!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing at the wet suit picture! How the 3 young ones were forced in the front, while all the adults hover in the back!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

FUN CHRISTMAS!! I will be there in February!! WHOOOO HOOO!!

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

What an awesome Christmas trip!!!

According to Ana said...

you guys are fun. I was hoping secretly that you were going to vlog about your trip.