Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lately...

I haven't been very good at posting lately! I started a post a week or so ago and got all mixed up in the picasa stuff..only to find that it's not compatible with MAC so, no collages from ME! Just lots of pictures of what we've been up to lately! :) Ben's company is almost definitely closing (It's not been announced yet, so I can't say that it IS...but technically...well it IS. So...Ben is on the job search and we are praying he finds a GREAT job with even better pay! He never ended up GETTING that raise he'd been told of since February...because of obvious reasons, the company has no MONEY! So we're hoping for the best! Scary times we live in, but we're not scared. We know the Lord will watch out for us.

Something we REALLY have been missing is DISNEYLAND! Ben's pass expired back in May, and we just got new ones, so we have gone twice already! We simply LOVE that place. It's magical and it takes our minds off of our stress! What finally pushed us to DO it is Lauren and Jake's visit last Saturday. They came down for a last minute vacation with Jake's parents and we met them there! It was really weird cuz I hadn't told Lauren we were coming, so I tried to call her when we got inside the park and she didn't answer. So we got in line for Thunder Mountain and I texted her telling her she needed to call me back ASAP. I said to Ben, "Wouldn't it be weird if we just ran into them?" right after I said this my phone rang and Ben said "THERE THEY ARE!" so it was kind of a cool coincidence. We had a great time with them for a few rides and loved getting back into the groove! :)


We got to ride the new TOY STORY ride..it's fun but my arm hurt for a couple days after! :)


Waiting with the Castos...


My handsome Indiana Man...

This was actually my first time on the Jungle Cruise! We were killing time waiting for our fast passes to be valid, and it was a fun little ride!


Also, Ben and I celebrated our SIX month anniversary! It has gone by SO fast, I can't believe we have been married half of a year already! I know that's a short time to many of you who have been married YEARS, but for us it's a big deal! :)



Ben pouring the cider...he cooked the meal!


Yummy Fajitas!

We also have enjoyed a wonderful adventure of "de-flea-ing" our animals. This would be AWFUL if we had THREE animals so I'm glad we only have two, but it still sucks!


The animals enjoying their flea bath...ew it was gross. The cat had like 40.

HAHA I love the blur of his face...poor dog.

All clean and flea free! :)

We also sold our big oversized chair we've had all this time. It made our apartment feel twice as big! We moved some stuff around and this is one side of the living room...(it's a bit messy).
And here's the other side! Now we have use of our fireplace! We only have 4 months left on our lease but it'll be sad to leave our little honeymoon cottage! It has been nice and snug and kept us REALLY close!

And last but not least...pictures from Ben's birthday! He got an ipod from his mom, and I got him the old 1989 version of Electronic talking battleship! I also got him a big water bottle for his desk at work, and a movie that turned out being rated "R"...I hadn't even thought to look cuz he said he used to watch it a lot as a kid! Apparently he watched the edited version on TV...lol.

I also got him a big water bottle for his desk at work, and a movie that turned out being rated "R"...I hadn't even thought to look cuz he said he used to watch it a lot as a kid! Apparently he watched the edited version on TV...lol.

Ben's mom made him his favorite carrot cake! Thanks mom Tyrrel for doing most of the work to make Ben's birthday so fun and relaxing!




Ben also let me straighten his hair before his mom cut it...hahaha. It was harder than I thought it'd be! :)


So that's what we've been up to...lately.

5 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

AWESOME LONG POST!! :) I love disneyland I havn't been in forever ... Some Day. I love getting my kitty baths :) he is so good about it :) Never scratches me or anything. :)

Anyway, YEAH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)

Shell said...

Hey Kir-ten. I guess Ben will have to start looking for a job in Utah? We miss you guys! I hope you always stay the cute honeymoon couple you both are. Love ya!

Errin said...

He is an awesome man, he will find a job! Your apartment is so cute, good job decorating!

Lauren said...

I look like I have a board on the inside of my shirt when I'm standing next to you. sad. I loved see you, my dear. :)

Robyn said...

Ha I liked your post but didn't comment till now. I'm glad to know the animals are de-fleaed. I sure hope you get some great deals over at R.A.! haha I miss you....so does lincoln!!! :`( my tricky word thingy says "sufferga" weird.