Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

BIRTHDAY BOY!!!

Happy birthday Benjamin!!! 27 years old TODAY!!
I have been SO excited for this day to come. I've been brainstorming for a while about what to get Ben for his birthday, and thinking about the blog post I'd do for him on his special day! To express my love for Ben, I've thought up 27 of my favorite things about Ben! And to show a little of his life...here are some fun cute pictures!!!

The day Ben graced the world with his presence...

This kid had the most AMAZING blue eyes! I hope our babies inherit this trait!

I love the big cheesy grin in this picture...and the dirty face. Classic!

I did this exact thing a lot as a little girl...


Ben has such a great head of curly hair that is DEFINITELY apparent in this picture!!!

This picture was taken exactly 23 years ago...I was only 3 1/2 months old here!

We then take a giant leap forward into Ben's adult life...the lucky guy got to live in HAWAII for three years!!! I LOVE this picture of him. I think he's looking into the distance...looking for his future wife. Ok gag cheesy...but he really does look handsome here.


Ben at his BYU college graduation with his sister and mom. I'm SO proud of him!


Ok now for my 27 things...

1. Ben is the most sincere person I've ever met. He truly cares about the things he says and does. He makes people feel at ease.
2. Ben has the easiest sense of humor-he laughs at everything I do-even when I don't realize I'm being funny!!!
3. Ben is the GREATEST cook. I much prefer his cooking to mine! He has a good tongue for flavors and can decipher what is in a lot of foods. He almost went to culinary school...
4. Ben honors his priesthood. He gave me a blessing on my first day of work. I can always feel the difference in our home when he's not there with his special spirit.
5. Ben is one of the HARDEST workers I know! Even though his job is unrewarding at times, he still works his hardest to get things done.
6. Ben is VERY smart. He graduated from BYU Hawaii with honors!
7. Ben never lets me stay mad at him. It's hard to even BE mad at him because he has the sweetest demeanor and isn't someone you can be angry with for long. He has never raised his voice at me either!
8. I love his laugh-and the voices we do together. I can always be silly with him!!!
9. I love how he tickles my back nearly every night before I fall asleep
10. I love that he takes the dog out every morning without fail, and almost all the other times throughout the day.
11. Ben gave me my FIRST puppy ever, a dream come true for me!
12. I love LOVE his blue eyes. Sometimes when the light hits them just right it takes my breath away.
13. Ben still gives me butterflies when he looks at me in that special way that I know is meant just for ME.
14. Ben is an amazing son to his parents. He respects his mother SO much and talks to her nearly every day on the phone! (And yes-I DO love it)
15. Ben has NEVER judged me for any of my shortcomings. In fact he's the least judgmental person I know.
16. HIS VOICE. Speaking, SINGING, or even whispering he has the best voice I've ever heard.
17. Ben flew to Utah last year JUST to be with me and SING with me for my grandma's funeral.
18. I LOVE Ben's kisses
19. I love Ben's SMELL...
20. I love the way he uses his hands when he talks...they move a LOT when he's really into a story! :-)
21. I love that Ben is a provider and I'll never have to worry about him not taking care of me. He takes his responsibility as a husband VERY seriously, and that's comforting to me!
22. He understands the significance of a hug and how much it can make an emotional wife feel TONS better at the end of a hard day!
23. Ben loves my family and they love him SO much.
24. I love watching Ben hold babies...I can hardly wait to see him as a father!
25. Ben is the BEST listener, he knows when to JUST listen, and when to help me solve my problems.
26. He's the SAFEST driver I've ever driven with! He has saved us from a lot of near-accidents!
AND...
27...He's my dream come true. I look at him sometimes and see the man I dreamed about as a little girl. He is the most handsome, talented, smart and interesting person I've ever known. I have never been as in love with ANYONE as I am with him. He makes me fall in love with him everyday and I feel like the LUCKIEST person on the planet to call him my husband!!

I LOVE YOU BENJAMIN!! HAVE A HAPPY 27th BIRTHDAY!!!!


LOVE, KIRSTEN

7 comments:

Errin said...

thats awesome, way cute baby pictures! Happy Birthday Ben!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

Happy Birthday!!!! :) You will have ver cute kids!! :) austin is turing 27 too... hee hee I play with him and tell him he is old. Since we started "dating" when he was 21. (technically we didn't start dating until he was 22 but I KNEW I would marry him when he was 21. even though I was against marriage at the time HA HA)

Ben! You sound amazing! it would be nice to meet you some day :) Glad you are treating my girl Kirsten wonderful! :)

Have a good one! Get some good cake ;)

Shell said...

I hope you had a great birthday Ben! You two are so lucky to have found each other. I'm not sure who loves who the mostest! Your love story is inspiring and fun to follow. Love ya both!

Shively's said...

Happy Happppppy Birthday Ben! I wish we could be there to help you celebrate---but have a great time! I miss you both
Love,
Sheese

Robyn said...

Happy birthday Ben! Sorry this birthday wish is late, but we hope you had a great one. We will definately have to celebrate at a later date!

Lyndsey Swindlehurst said...

Cute pics! Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you guys are having fun and loving life! I miss ya

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

What a great post. Ben seems like such a great guy! I am so glad you two found each other :) Happy late birthday Ben!