Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Warning: Proud mommy post!

I have to say we are so lucky and blessed for how well this week has gone! My final night in the hospital was so miserable, nurses and staff coming in so much I got less sleep than I've gotten at home! Our first night home, however... Connor got a bad tummy ache. I think it was the onion rings they fed me my last meal there. Yikes...so after a few hours Ben went to WalMart at 3 a.m. to get some Milacon. I wish we had gotten it sooner..it was instant relief and Connor fell right to sleep! He was still fussy through the night and the next day...but by the next night he was so tired he slept a lot better. He didn't like his cradle so after sleeping on the couch with him on my chest for a couple hours, my back started to hurt and I gave up. Ben had me lay him in the crook of his arm where he slept for 3 hours straight! We had the BEST day the next day...he was such a good baby, slept a lot and was so alert later in the evening. Last night we got a total of 7 hours of sleep...and then another hour nap for me. He slept on his sleep positioner between us, and while it wasn't always restful sleep cuz I worried I'd smother him, it was so nice to rest. Today he has slept for most of the day and I'm hoping he'll sleep as good tonight as he did last night!

Things I'm loving about motherhood:

~Nursing- It has been really scary for me leading up to it, but now that I'm doing it it's so SO awesome. It hurts a little still, but I love knowing I can provide for this baby and the bonding is so incredible!
~Seeing Ben as a Father. He's AWESOME. I don't even have to ask for his help and half the time he anticipates my needs. He has helped me learn how to nurse..coached me on why things might not be working...and he LOVES this baby. I have never been more in love with him. He has far exceeded my expectations!
~Knowing I am this baby's mother and will be FOREVER! No matter what happens we'll always be together. What an awesome blessing!

Things I love and adore about Connor:

~The back of his head and his little hairline. It's SO cute to watch his little head bob when he's getting burped!
~The little grunting noises he makes. He made them more his first couple of days, but still I can hear them at times. So cute!
~Watching him sleep. He is just perfect and straight from Heaven. He's peaceful and wonderful.
~The way he uses his little hands, whether he's sucking on them or patting me with them when he's eating.
~His SMELL. It's the BEST SMELL EVER!!!!
~His little mouth..it's his defining feature and I feel like he looks like a different baby when he has a pacifier or is nursing and you can't see it as well.
I could go on and on for years...but those are the highlights

I wanted to add the funny thing Ben told me yesterday. We took Connor to the hospital to have a jaundice check, and he was ok so far. On our way home Ben said "I didn't want to tell you this the moment I felt it, but when he came out my first thought was- 'Let's do that again!!!!' " Ha ha! I'm glad one of us felt that way at the time! So cute that he fell so hard in love with Connor that he already wanted more! :-)

Anyway, here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure...I am obsessed...

9 comments:

Robyn said...

There were so many pictures that I loved! The one with his arm over his face, and the one with you holding him in the corner! So cute! I am sooo glad I get to see him in like, a week! I'm also so glad that nursing is going well...great job mama! and it sounds like everything is going so well, I am so happy for you two!! Can't wait to see him in person! Love ya!! Kirsten I am so happy that you are finally a mommy. I love you!

Avree said...

Hey you don't have to warn us that you're a proud mommy, it's to be expected! :) Kirsten, he really is such a beautiful baby! I loved all the pictures! It sounds like you're settling into being a mommy pretty well. I'm glad you're getting some sleep, I think that makes a HUGE difference.

P.S. Little tip for being sore from nursing- Lansinoh brand lanolin, it's AMAZING!

Lauren said...

awwww man!!! i can't wait to meet him!!!! so SO PERFECT! he does have the cutest little mouth.. oh my.. and his little legs. :) you guys look so happy. warms my heart, kirst! i love it.

According to Ana said...

oh your dad finally got a boy! he is lucky to be so loved.

Brittany said...

Congrats to both of you!!! He is such a cutie! I can't wait to see him in person!! It sounds like you are managing new parenthood really well! I know that it can be overwhelming at first but you guys sound like you're doing great! I'm so happy for both of you! BTW-Kirsten it makes me feel so old to see you become a mom-I remember when you were born!!

Errin said...

he is so cute! Way to go!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! He's HUGE!!!! haha ok well probably not really, but I am use to staring at my little 1 1/2 punder! He's stinking cute! Hope you are adjusting well

Teria Brooks said...

What a CUTIE! I cant tell if he looks more like you or Ben. I think a perfect mix. Im so happy for you guys! I cant wait to meet the little guy!

Bryan said...

Hey Kirsty - Congrats on your baby!!! So happy for you guys, hope all is going well, Merry Christmas.